
Please submit your predictions about the following categories for the 2008 calendar year. We'll review the predictions at next year's gala, and the person with the most correct predictions will get the coveted #1 spot in the Yankee Swap (which that person can then use to steal Dom from the hostess.)
The Vons architected this survey, and I believe it was their intent that the survey answers be private, so we don't duplicate each others' answers. So rather than answer in the comments, please send your predictions to my email address, and I will seal them in the vault until next year.
- Celebrity deaths in 2008
- Celebrity babies
- Presidential election results
- Winner of the Superbowl
- Winner of the World Series
- Natural disaster predictions
- Wildcard prediction, any topic
- Wildcard happy prediction (Note: #7 can be happy too, but #8 must be.)
- Celebrity splits (Streeter and his girlfriend don't count as celebrities)
- A 2008 Trendy Fad
- Price of a gallon of regular unleaded at the Cumberland Farms, 5 corners, Lancaster, Ma on Dec. 31, 2008.
- Celebrity deaths in 2008:Fidel Castro, Billy Graham, and NOT George H.W. Bush because if he hasn't died of embarrassment over W's presidency, even a sky diving accident couldn't kill him; one of the Rolling Stones, but not Keith Richards.
- Celebrity babies: Brandolina will have twins by two different fathers (one set, two dads); Amy Winehouse will birth something; John Edwards love child will be revealed
- Presidential election results: Obama will be on the winning ticket.
- Winner of the Superbowl: Patriots 42-21
- Winner of the World Series:New York Mets
- Natural disaster predictions: Britney Spears; Lindsey Lohan; a tornado will destroy a trailer park, injuring both of them and killing Bill Clinton.
- Wildcard prediction, any topic:Julie's blog will be cited in a news paper or magazine article as being "way cool"
- Wildcard happy prediction (Note: #7 can be happy too, but #8 must be.):Obama will name Hillary Clinton to the Supreme Court.
- Celebrity splits (Streeter and his girlfriend don't count as celebrities):Bill & Hillary will separate after she fails to win the nomination.
- A 2008 Trendy Fad:I-shoes
- Price of a gallon of regular unleaded at the Cumberland Farms, 5 corners, Lancaster, Ma on Dec. 31, 2008: 2.37
AP News - 8 hours ago
After a torrid and secretive affair lasting 48 hours, arch-rivals Donald Trump and Martha Stewart tied the knot aboard the world's largest and most extravagant private yacht, "The Donald". However, in a bizarre turn of events, crew members reportedly overheard Mr. Trump saying, "You're fired!" to a distraught and emotionally spent Martha. Hours after the split, Trump appeared to have a change of heart. A repentant Donald gushed, "I realized as I unpacked my bags that my boxers had all been folded origami-style into the crown jewels. Anyone who would show such care when handling my custom-made yet soiled briefs is someone truly special.
Meanwhile, Martha wasted no time shedding her Apprentice as she has been romantically linked with Ellen Degeneres, Ted Knight and Anderson Cooper (who was photographed donning this year's hottest fashion trend: the leather tie). All four recently appeared on Larry King to discuss the polygamist nature of their relationship and to answer questions regarding the paternity of her soon-to-be-born son.
During the first segment, Larry flatlined and was declared dead on the set after repeated attempts to resuscitate him failed. During the commercial break, Larry's clone was brought in and the interview went on; Larry's schedule has never been fuller. He has interviews lined up with Johan Santana of the World Series Championship Mets; President-Elect Hillary and First Mate Bill; and Nancy Vonesh survivor of the Connecticut natural gas leak, known as Dave's Tectonic Crack. Larry has also secured an interview with Tom Cruise, who claims to have proof that life exists on other planets.
AP News sponsored by Mastercard.
5-gallon gas can: $3.75
Siphon hose: $6.50
Siphoning gas at $7.50/gallon from your neighbor's SUV
PRICELESS
Ali:
- Celebrity deaths in 2008: Heath Ledger. I just have this feeling...... (I think Russell Crowe better look both ways when crossing the street - cause every Austrailian I've ever had a celebrity crush on has passed on ... Heath, Michael Hutchence, Andy Gibb. (stopping to shed a tear). Mel Gibson is lucky I don't like him any more!)
- Celebrity babies: I think Nicole Kidman might have one. Just a hunch.
- Presidential election results: John McCain (I'd rather it not be, but if it's Mitt Romney or Huckabee - I'll be forced to start using crack).
- Winner of the Superbowl - Tommy, Tommy, Tommy Brady!!! and those other guys too.
- Winner of the World Series - Goooooo Red Sox!!! Wooo Hooo!
- Natural disaster predictions - the 2008 Presidential Election.
- Wildcard prediction, any topic - there will be unrest and violence in the Middle East
- Wildcard happy prediction (Note: #7 can be happy too, but #8 must be.) - Julie will have a crush on a celebrity who turns out NOT to be later revealed as gay! Happy Day!!!
- Celebrity splits (Streeter and his girlfriend don't count as celebrities) - Tommy Brady and Gisele - but right after they break up and he's hooked up with a Swedish model, she will announce that she's pregnant. The Pats will have another 18-0 season!
- A 2008 Trendy Fad - Tube tops. Sorry, that's all I've got.
- Price of a gallon of regular unleaded at the Cumberland Farms, 5 corners, Lancaster, Ma on Dec. 31, 2008. - A gallon of regular gas will cost $5.00, an apple pie, and two sexual favors.
Celebrity deaths in 2008
This one goes beyond my comfort level, so I'm taking a pass.....
Celebrity babies
Jennifer Aniston, Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise, Jamie Lynn Spears (just
so I can make one correct prediction)
Presidential election results
Barack Obama pres, Hillary Clinton vice pres
Winner of the Superbowl
Patriots
Winner of the World Series
Red Sox
Natural disaster predictions
Hurricanes in Florida, an earthquake in some tropical area.....is that
too general??
Wildcard prediction, any topic
Hollis will lose 40 pounds
Wildcard happy prediction (Note: #7 can be happy too, but #8 must be.)
Julie's blog will become one of the top 100 blogs on the web.
Stephen Colbert will finally win an Emmy for the Colbert Report.
Celebrity splits (Streeter and his girlfriend don't count as celebrities)
Absolutely no clue!
A 2008 Trendy Fad
Low fat is out, butter is in
Price of a gallon of regular unleaded at the Cumberland Farms, 5
corners, Lancaster, Ma on Dec. 31, 2008.
$4.10 (I hope I am way off)
Julie:
1.) Celebrity Deaths- Larry King
2.) Celebrity Babies - Jennifer Aniston
3.) Prez - Hillary
4.) Superbowl- Da Pats
5.) World Series - da Sox
6.) Natural disaster- hmm.. this one makes me nervous. If I make a
correct prediction, I'd feel responsible. I'll pass
7.) Wildcard prediction: Karaoke singing bee at 4th of July. Dave McHugh wins
8.) Wildcard happy prediction: at same karaoke event, we find that
Moss, McHugh, Hollis and DV do a mean barbershop quartet on BabyBack
Ribs Song
9.) Celebrity Splits: Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes
10.) Trendy Fad: headgear - Tam o'shanters make a comeback
11.) Gallon of gas: 3.719
No comments:
Post a Comment