/*I need to comment*/ /*I need to comment*/

Monday, March 24, 2008

Moderation: A swear word



For the ladies...

Moderation : the quality of being moderate; restraint; avoidance of extremes or excesses; temperance.
I do not understand what any of those words mean. It's all greek to me. I have never ever in my life been able to moderate....anything. Beer drinking. Eating a whole container of ice cream or drinking the whole 2 liter bottle of diet coke in one sitting....several times a day. On the other hand I will excel at the most draconian exercise or diet plan because there is nothing moderate about it so it fits me perfectly. The only races that excited me were the ones that last multiple days. Everything else seemed to short. Everything to the extreme.
Why am I my telling you another one of my personality flaws (see my last post). Well, i took my phat 215 pound self (225 with assorted clothes, etc) out for a hike on friday. Felt so good I threw in a couple very short jogs (football field size) . So I get up today and decide I'm going to to the same thing. This time, i get out of the car, say to myself "i'll start with one of those football field size jogs. Problem is i never stopped. I jogged the whole 45 minutes through the woods and ice. It was euphoric. It also was stupid. Got back to the car and felt awesome. 2 hours later my Achilles (the previously torn one) was killing.....once again that f'in word 'moderation' would have come in handy.
So now I don't know what to do. Not sure how injured my achilles is but at minimum it's obvious I can't run until i am in really good shape. But there are different kinds of really good shape. So I leave it you gentle readers to decide what kind of shape I should be in. You get to pick. Whichever shape is the most popular with you is the way I will train. Just think you have the power to shape somebodies destiny. So let us begin:
Shape number 1: WTF


Shape number 2: Tour de france he-man







Shape Number 3: really strong guy in s&m outfit


I anxiously await your decision...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, some choices! About that moderation thing.....

Anonymous said...

In an effort to get the voting under way, I will cast my ballot. I vote for shape number 3, since he looks the most normal and since you already have several of those over-one-shoulder outfits. Also it would be cool to have you lifting a bar with Von on one end and Simon on the other.

JBrummer said...

Haiku Hollis Voting:

O Hollis Hollis~
We love you just as you are!
(To quote Bridget Jones.)

Anonymous said...

You mean the very fat guy living off of past glories and exploits and quickly putting himself in a early grave? Thanks julie but I don't like that guy, he's out. Nope you have to choose between the 3 freaky guys.

So i finally went to the library and picked up some books to ease my tv-withdrawals. I'm reading "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norwell" and "Tantric Sex for Dummies" They are both f'in awesome, strongly recommend.

JBrummer said...

Good for you, Hollis
Getting healthy to please YOU
Vote: see today's pic