Coddle track, guest bunny, Shaws flier lady:Why not park a few extra spaces away from your polling place today?
And when watching election coverage tonight, for each state your candidate wins, do 50 jumping jacks!
When your "nightmare candidate" wins a state, do 50 pushups!
And if Hillary Clinton is shown with a tear in her eye, do squats until you vomit blood!

Haze track, guest bunny, Rudy:
If you don't run, your ass is going to get this big. I've seen asses this big. Running. On 9-11. It isn't pretty.
7 comments:
Day 9 was dark, rainy/icy. No way I'm going out in that but then i thought 'What would Julie do' and laced them up.
3.6 mile walk on the road, still 1 book, decided to add a book for every 3 pounds i lose.
Excitement of the day was a car coming opposite me rounded the corner i was on and kept on going and smashed into the snowbank 10 feet in front of me. I never have worried about cars because I always assume my cat like reflexes would get me out of the way in time. But given the speed and angle of that one, not so sure. thank god i was slow today. Well i'm off to drink some beer and get a healthy return on my investment.....note to fatboy/self: increase life insurance
What would Julie do? Well, Julie definitely would've skipped working out today if it weren't for Hollis getting out there early and often, so thank you, Hollis.
I don't know what it is.. the first 7 days I was pumped, come day 8 and 9.. well, let's just say if you all weren't keeping me honest I'd be descending full-on into Fat Tuesday.
Onto other subjects: Is anyone else concerned that Hollis is being nearly hit by cars and finding random body parts when he works out? It's starting to sound like a Matt Damon movie. Hollis Petri in ...[I tried to come up with a play on the Bourne movie titles here, but YOU look in the rhyming dictionary under born. It ain't easy. The Scorn Identity. The Porn Ultimatum. The Corn Supremacy. None of them quite works. So in honor of his achilles, I've decided to go with Hollis Petri in "The Torn Mentholatum." But I digress...]
I did 40 bus-waiting squats today
and some pushups-- although, up til now I've done my pushups from my knees, and I only just graduated to toes-- so on my pushups I descend about a quarter inch. But I can get back up! Which I consider a big, big victory. Also, I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, 1 mile, 200 cals, yadda yadda. Today I did 4 minutes (non-consecutive) of running, and although Hollis is trying to convince me that I will grow to love it, I can still say for a moral certainty that running sucks.
Julie, it is weird. I found this video on the side of the road during a walk. I watched it and it had just nonsense images on it, but ever since then i'm having all these near death experiences. I'm starting to wonder if it's connected somehow.
Speaking of near death experiences, your treadmill is one of them. When i said you would fall in love with running i never meant on a treadmill. If there is a hell I have always imagined it was full of treadmills. I've never been able to use one and am wildly impressed with anbody that can stay on one for more then ohh...3 minutes.
So how to keep the fire burning:
m/w/fr: Simplefit.org, Commit mucho effort! Body rows instead of pull ups until you can do them.
Tu/Th: do treadmill intervals for 20 minutes, Don't need to run for any extended length of time, just run or high incline for 30 second to 1 minute bursts, but they need to be really hard
Saturday: long walk/hike outside.
Sunday: Gods day, work on your ROI, preferrably with your friends
Yes Julie, I too am concerned that my husband was nearly hit by a car and doesn't have much life insurance.
Went for a run this afternoon, same run as on Sunday:
5 minute walk warm-up
30 minute run
5 minute walk cool-down
Total distance: 3.3 miles
Post-run endorphin high was cancelled out by 15 minutes of non-stop coughing. Maybe running with a cold is not such a good idea.
still bummed about the pats, so I recycled a few cans...prior to that I ran 3 mi.
sorry nanc, I seem to have posted under your alias...or did I?
yes von, you are making me look bad. i'll be pyshced when i can run 3 miles!
i did get out and walk to the the beach and back before dark. 4 minutes of running, non consectutive, i think it's almost 2 miles - i'll clock it today.
Post a Comment