Inspired by the 280 pound Mike Huckabee this morning. Whilst retrieving that picture from the 'net, I found an article which said he was 280, had heart trouble and adult-onset diabetes. His docs told him if he didn't lose weight, he would die soon. He changed his diet, started exercising, and dropped 100 lbs in one year. Then he ran the NY Marathon. Holy schmokes.
Treadmill today, a setting the treadmill manufacturer calls "Championship Course," but hitherto for the purposes of this blog will be referred to as "the Huckabee Ass Course." It's a 30 minute setting, starts off walking with no incline and builds up to 8 consecutive minutes of running, 2 mins each at 4.5, 5, 5.5 , and 6 mph. (That which does not kill me makes me stronger.) But that running was at zero incline, so don't be signin' me up no relay yet. After the run, the machine drops to 4mph and you spend the next 15 minutes doing hills.
Running still sucks, but maybe a little less than before.
Seeing those pictures I feel a kinship with the huckster even if he doesn't believe in evolution. Come to think of it, no matter how much i've tried to change myself I haven't evolved so maybe he's in the right in addition to being on the right
I said "sawing wood" on the couch doesn't count as a workout.. you know "sawing wood" being the vernacular for snoring. But "cutting wood" on the couch.. well, I'm not sure what that means exactly, but it just MIGHT count as a workout of some kind, or it might at least be a reason to wear a wrist guard.
4 comments:
Inspired by the 280 pound Mike Huckabee this morning. Whilst retrieving that picture from the 'net, I found an article which said he was 280, had heart trouble and adult-onset diabetes. His docs told him if he didn't lose weight, he would die soon. He changed his diet, started exercising, and dropped 100 lbs in one year. Then he ran the NY Marathon. Holy schmokes.
Treadmill today, a setting the treadmill manufacturer calls "Championship Course," but hitherto for the purposes of this blog will be referred to as "the Huckabee Ass Course." It's a 30 minute setting, starts off walking with no incline and builds up to 8 consecutive minutes of running, 2 mins each at 4.5, 5, 5.5 , and 6 mph. (That which does not kill me makes me stronger.) But that running was at zero incline, so don't be signin' me up no relay yet. After the run, the machine drops to 4mph and you spend the next 15 minutes doing hills.
Running still sucks, but maybe a little less than before.
Seeing those pictures I feel a kinship with the huckster even if he doesn't believe in evolution. Come to think of it, no matter how much i've tried to change myself I haven't evolved so maybe he's in the right in addition to being on the right
Anywhoo...Bike intervals
5 minute warmup
5 x 1 minute hard, 1 minute easy
5 x 30 seconds hard, 30 seconds easy
5 minute cooldown.
Short and sweet....like my Heidi
Cut wood for an hour today (Julie informed me that because I did it on the couch it didn't count as a workout).
So I got on the treadmill for the runner's challenge track, upped the speed to 6mph for several of the segments:
40 minutes
2.77 miles
3lbs weights in my hand (first third of the run only)
very winded at the end.
can I have a beer now?
I said "sawing wood" on the couch doesn't count as a workout.. you know "sawing wood" being the vernacular for snoring. But "cutting wood" on the couch.. well, I'm not sure what that means exactly, but it just MIGHT count as a workout of some kind, or it might at least be a reason to wear a wrist guard.
Post a Comment